Welcome to the PDC Events Calendar! Here you will find a comprehensive listing of upcoming trainings, events, and conferences relevant to the field of community revitalization. You'll also find a listing of events taking place at member communities across the state.
Can't find a particular listing? Want us to include your organization's upcoming event? Call us at (717) 233-4675, or get in touch with us here.
For information about our annual conference, visit our PDC Conference section.
B.I.D. Manager's Meeting - Wednesday, March 22nd, 10a to 3p
Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The Pennsylvania Downtown Center is hosting the Spring Business Improvement District (BID)
Manager's Meeting on March 22nd from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
Susquehanna Art Museum, 1401 North Third Street, Harrisburg
The timing is crucial in light of recent legislative interest: in revising the NID Law – Act 130 of 2000, by Rep. Petri; a court decision in Lebanon County; and reporting issues/opportunities with the Center for Local Government (DCED).
BID Managers Agenda (tentative):
- NID Law Revisions/Clarifications
- Process and procedures for reauthorization
- Legal requirements of improvement district programs to the PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED)
- Voting process/options
- Exempt vs. non-exempt properties
- Benefitted vs. affected; assessed vs. non-assessed
- Cultural Improvement District Law
- Updated BID/NID Survey
- How can PDC assist and support BIDs
- Main Street programs moving into a BID and vice versa
- Other concerns or issues
Please register by March 15 at this link.