Welcome to the PDC Events Calendar! Here you will find a comprehensive listing of upcoming trainings, events, and conferences relevant to the field of community revitalization. You'll also find a listing of events taking place at member communities across the state.
Can't find a particular listing? Want us to include your organization's upcoming event? Call us at (717) 233-4675, or get in touch with us here.
For information about our annual conference, visit our PDC Conference section.
Revitalization Network Meeting - Mansfield, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Join us while we explore the ways in which we can create dynamic regional networks of governments, non-profit organizations, colleges and universities, economic development organizations, individuals and other interested parties who desire to make their core communities – business districts and neighborhoods – a more important part of, and greater contributor to, the regional economic framework. Based on the close correlation between Rand-McNally trade areas and Pennsylvania’s Partnership for Regional Economic Performance (PREP) areas, PDC’s new approach envisions:
- Providing more detailed economic information to local revitalization organizations
- Linking local revitalization efforts to the larger PREP regional strategies
- Delivering trainings on a more tailored and regional basis
- Coordinate resources to deal with blight issues on a regional basis
- Aggregating applications into regional funding requests
- Coordinating event calendars on a regional basis
- Sharing duplicative administrative and program support services
- Helping business districts, both big and small, find their niche with their region’s economy
- Helping neighborhoods better define their quality of life needs and connections to the larger community
- Helping private sector providers to deliver more affordable services within their regions
- Conducting stronger marketing and public relations efforts within regions
Mansfield Borough Council Chambers
14 South Main Street
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.