Assist in administering all programs and activities of the City and Redevelopment Authority.
Mayor and City Administrator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and manage general office procedures and files. In absence of city administrator, prepare council meeting agenda, attend city council meetings and covers office for lunch, vacation, illness, etc.
- Record minutes of City Council meetings and other meetings when required.
- Be familiar with plans, programs and limitations of the City and Redevelopment Authority necessary to implement its programs.
- Assist with completing reports to local, state or federal governments and to the City and Redevelopment Authority, i.e. Community Rating System Coordinator.
- Seek, prepare and administer grants to aid the City and Redevelopment Authority.
- Perform general secretarial and office duties as required.
- Attend meetings and record minutes for the Redevelopment Authority. Prepare accounts receivable and accounts payable invoices and checks, handle depositories, prepare financial reports for accounts held by the Redevelopment Authority.
- Liaison between SEDA-COG and City for DCED Grants, etc.
- Attend meetings, seminars and training as required.
- Maintains an excellent personal attendance record.
- Assist with community events and preparation of events when required.
- General knowledge of federal, state and local programs.
- Maintain general office files, typing material from copy, keep appointment records, record incoming and outgoing correspondence.
Nothing in this job description restricts Mayor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and understand and follow directions.
- Ability to understand all bookkeeping procedures as required.
- Ability to perform computer data entry, understand and implement computer software programs and operate various office equipment.
- Ability to understand departmental requirements.
- Experience in writing, implementing and managing grants.
- Ability to understand and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, schedule, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the Mayor, City Council members, Redevelopment Authority Board members, other City employees, and the general public.
- Ability to function well as part of a team.
- Ability to perform each of the listed essential and other duties in a satisfactory manner.
- Possess valid PA driver’s license.
- Able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
College or University Degree preferred. Grant writing, implementation and administration experience preferred. Experience and knowledge of government operation is preferred. Must have a minimum high school diploma or equivalent, PA driver’s license, and secretarial experience. Must possess strong computer skills and basic bookkeeping knowledge. Previous office clerical experience or training is essential.
Work is performed in an office environment and occasionally outside. Sitting, standing, moving about the office, within buildings or outside, keyboarding, pushing and pulling light objects, reaching, lifting, and transporting objects up to 10 lbs (frequently) and 20 lbs (occasionally), and more than 20lbs (rarely), and climbing stairs, depending upon job being performed is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Complete job description and City application is online at www.sunburypa.org. Send cover letter, resume and application to: Mayor Kurt Karlovich, 225 Market St., Sunbury PA 17801 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.City Job Application Administrative Assistant Job Application