Blueprint Community Coordinator
This position is hired by, and reports to, the Oil Region Alliance, Business & Industry President. The President will conduct an annual review of the Allegheny-Clarion River Valley Region (ACRVR) Blueprint Community Initiative Coordinator. The ACRVR is located in western Pennsylvania and encompasses the communities of Emlenton in Venango County, Foxburg, in Clarion County, and Parker in Armstrong County.
The Blueprint Community Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the development, execution, and documentation of the Blueprint Community Initiative. The Coordinator is the principal on-site staff person responsible for representing the community regionally. The Coordinator will help to grow the human capital of the region and help guide the Blueprint Community Initiative as it grows and as its objectives evolve.
Essential Duties to be Performed:
- Coordinate activity of ACRVR Blueprint Community Core Team ensuring that communication between committees is well established; assist committees with implementation of work plan items.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the ACRVR Blueprint Community Initiative, record keeping, budget development; preparing all required reports, assisting with the preparation of reports to funding agencies; and supervising volunteers when appropriate. Utilize the Blueprint Community Initiative format to develop and maintain data systems to track the process and progress.
- Maintain the ACRVR Blueprint Community Initiative records and reports.
- Work to increase human capacity, seeking skills that will assist in fulfilling the ACRVR goals.
- Develop, in conjunction with the ACRVR Blueprint Community Initiative’s Core Team, strategies for utilizing the communities’ human and economic resources. Become familiar with all persons and groups directly or indirectly involved in the ACRVR Blueprint Community region. Mindful of the roles of various regional interest groups, assist the ACRVR Blueprint Community Core Team and committees in developing an annual action plan for implementation focused on four areas: increase recreational offerings, develop entrepreneurial opportunities, improve community image/ and increase the region’s population, Develop/increase the heritage, art, and cultural offerings in the region.
- Develop and conduct ongoing public awareness designed to enhance appreciation of the region’s assets and to foster an understanding of the ACRVR Blueprint Community Initiative’s goals and objectives through speaking engagements, media interviews and appearances, social media, etc. and keep the program highly visible in the region.
- Encourage improvements in the communities’ ability to undertake joint activities such as promotional events, advertising, uniform store hours, special events, business recruitment, and so on. Encourage a cooperative climate between the communities’ interests and local public officials.
- Advise downtown merchant's on ACRVR Blueprint Community Initiative activities and goals and assist in the coordination of joint promotional events, such as seasonal festivals or cooperative retail promotional events, to assist in improving the quality and success of events.
- Assist in building strong and productive working relationships with appropriate public agencies at the local and state levels.
- Represent the community at the local, and possibly state levels to important constituencies. Speak effectively on the program's directions and findings, always mindful of the need to improve state and national economic development policies as they relate to smaller communities.
- Attend local, regional, or state training sessions as required, or budget permits.
- Other such related duties may be assigned.
This is a part-time position consisting of 20 to 30 hours per week with some evening and occasional weekend hours required. This position is paid hourly and offers flexible time for the pay period (bi-monthly). This is a temporary position that may have an opportunity to become permanent in the future. The home base for the position will be in Emlenton, PA at the Crawford Center.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
Education requirements are high school graduate at minimum, with five years’ experience in administrative, executive assistant, planning, community development or heritage project management, or communications field. Associates or bachelor’s degree in public administration, communications, or related field is desired.
The manager must understand the issues confronting downtown business people, community members, property owners, public agencies and community organizations. The manger must be entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, well organized, and capable of functioning effectively in a very independent situation. Must have excellent leadership skills. Basic mathematical and computer skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office platforms, excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Experience with website design, social media for business and /or nonprofits, working with volunteers, basic photography skills, volunteer recruitment, volunteer organization, and service clubs are a plus. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the requires knowledge and, skills and abilities may be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee may be required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver's License.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 19, 2019. Please include professional references. Electronic resumes are preferred; however, you may mail your resume to Oil Region Alliance ACRVR Blueprint Community Coordinator Position, 217 Elm Street, Oil City, PA 16301. Only electronically submitted resumes will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.