Marketing & Communications Assistant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities that may include the following tasks:
Marketing & Communications
- Carry out marketing and communications strategies that promote and elevate City of Bridges CLT to local, regional, and national audiences.
- Develop and implement marketing and social media plans.
- Serve as brand steward for City of Bridges CLT.
- Oversee design, production and distribution of digital and print marketing materials and organizational collateral.
- Develop and write content for blog posts, social media, e-newsletters, press releases, and fact sheets on various aspects of the CLT’s work.
- Manage content on City of Bridges CLT website, social media, and e-newsletter accounts.
- Build and maintain working relationships with editorial staff and reporters from local, regional, and national media outlets.
Community Outreach and Member Relations
- Assist with the development and implementation of City of Bridges CLT membership and sponsorship programs.
- Assist with planning, promoting, coordination, and staffing of community meetings and events, including some evenings and weekends.
- Build and maintain relationships with CLT members and other stakeholders and constituents.
- Attend required staff, committee and board meetings; assist with the taking of minutes, preparing of reports, and setting of agendas.
- Assist City of Bridges CLT staff with day to day office administration.
- Maintain well organized paper and digital records, files and databases.
- Provide support to CLT Co-Directors and perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Abilities
- Two or more years of experience in communications, marketing, and community outreach.
- Familiarity with the Community Land Trusts and affordable housing programs a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Professional writing experience preferred.
- Experience with graphic design for print and the web.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Google Apps for Business, Social Media, and database management.
- Previous web content management experience.
- Positive and professional attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytic, conceptual, planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small non-profit environment.
Salary & Benefits
This is a regular part-time position, approximately 20 hours/week, paying $15/hour. City of Bridges CLT offers excellent employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plan contribution, and paid holidays and sick leave. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply. City of Bridges is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter City of Bridges CLT at email@example.com with “Marketing & Communications Assistant” in the subject line.
City of Bridges Community Land Trust is a new CLT serving the Greater Pittsburgh region. The mission of City of Bridges CLT is to build community ownership that preserves permanent affordability, empowers individuals, and ensures responsible growth and stewardship. We envision diverse communities where people thrive, build wealth, establish roots, and foster community ties without risk of displacement. As we undertake this important work we will strive to live our shared values of sustainability, equity, and inclusion and build an effective organizational model for the delivery and stewardship of permanently affordable space.Job Description