Communications and Policy Associate
ABOUT THE HOUSING ALLIANCE:
The Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania is a statewide coalition working to provide leadership and a common voice for policies, practices, and resources to ensure that all Pennsylvanians, especially those with low incomes, have access to safe, decent, and affordable homes. The Housing Alliance’s agenda includes initiatives on housing development for low income Pennsylvanians, housing for special needs populations; community and economic revitalization; homelessness prevention and assistance; blight prevention and remediation; and efforts to rebuild homeownership.
The Housing Alliance has several priority programs as well as special programs that it undertakes to forward the mission of ensuring that all Pennsylvanians have access to safe and affordable homes. The Program and Policy Associate will provide support to the staff leadership in running these programs and promoting policy solutions to decision makers.
- Research to provide data and information to support policy position
- Track legislation relevant for the organization
- Writing and composing drafts of materials for internal and public use
- Managing weekly newsletter
- Scheduling meetings and trainings
- Support event organizing
- Communicating with partner groups, members, and leaders to promote Housing Alliance Events and programs
- Work closely with partners and manage joint projects in some cases
- Reporting on work internally and for external entities
- Managing grant reports and applications
- Provide support to staff leadership on program work as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to identify opportunities to promote Housing Alliance priorities
- Good problem solving skills, ability to adjust to changes and unexpected obstacles
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of issues related to housing, homelessness, and blight
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- At least one year of experience with an advocacy organization or relevant education credentials
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Communications and Policy Associate.