Fayette Launchbox Manager
Invent Penn State is an initiative to leverage the resources of Penn State University with local groups so that entrepreneurs have access to programs and tools that can help to start up and grow a business, find licensable technologies and investment opportunities, and get to know the innovation community. To provide a focus for those resources, Penn State campuses at 21 locations throughout Pennsylvania have developed entrepreneurial centers known as “Launchboxes.” More information can be found at https://invent.psu.edu/
The Fayette Launchbox was developed through a partnership of Penn State Fayette, the Eberly Campus, and the Fay-Penn Economic Development Council. The Fayette LaunchBox is almost 6,000 sf of flex-space located in the Fay-Penn Headquarters in the University Business Park at 1040 Eberly Way, Lemont Furnace, PA. It provides a collaborative environment for entrepreneurs to engage in innovative activities and to develop their products and services to bring to market. More information can be found at https://invent.psu.edu/program/pa-innovation-hubs/ and https://fayette.psu.edu/launchbox
The Manager at the Fayette LaunchBox is a part-time, 2-year temporary position at 24 hours per week. The position may eventually grow into a full-time, permanent position depending upon availability of funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Penn State Fayette and Fay-Penn to develop and implement Fayette Launchbox programming. This will include, at a minimum, Fayette LaunchBox eligibility, fee structure, and exit criteria; an entrepreneurial training/development program; entrepreneurial mentorship program; and related workshop/seminar/networking events.
- Collaborate with Penn State Fayette and Fay-Penn to develop the annual Fayette LaunchBox budget, and manage revenue and expenditures to maintain a balanced budget.
- Coordinate the local Keystone Innovation Zone Program and other federal, state, and local entrepreneurial incentive programs. (See https://dced.pa.gov/programs/keystone-innovation-zone-tax-credit-program/ )
Manage the day-to-day operations of the Fayette Launchbox, which include:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for entrepreneurs seeking LaunchBox services, and responding to service inquiries.
- Acting as the primary point of contact with the Invent Penn State community and with other business accelerator programs.
- Developing relationships for the Penn State Fayette/Fay-Penn partner network – business service providers, mentors, consultants, speakers/presenters, investors, corporations, foundations, etc. -- and coordinating entrepreneurial services to be provided from within the network.
- Managing activity scheduling in conjunction with Fay-Penn administrative staff.
- Developing and monitoring performance measures/metrics to track operational execution and client success.
- Compiling and submitting any reports requested by Penn State Fayette and Fay-Penn.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Associates degree or higher in a business or related field of study.
- Familiarity with entrepreneur development.
- Excellent communication skills, including a focus on client and partner interaction.
- Organizational, time-management, and project management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple, simultaneous efforts with competing priorities.
- Expert ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Team player, quick learner, self-starter, and creative thinker.
To apply, please visit https://psu.jobs/job/84363Fayette Launchbox Manager Job Description