Main Street Manager
Main Street Manager/Executive Director
Downtown Bedford, Inc.
$36,000-$40,000 (salary commensurate with experience)
The Main Street Manager coordinates the activities within a downtown revitalization program utilizing a comprehensive approach for downtown economic development. He/she is responsible for the development, conduct, execution and documentation of the Main Street Program, as established by the Pennsylvania Downtown Center (PDC). The manager is the on-site staff person responsible for coordinating all program activities locally, as well as representing the organization and community regionally. The manager is charged with guiding the organization as it grows and its objectives evolve.
The Main Street manager serves at the discretion of the Board of Directors (BoD) and is responsible for maintaining communication regarding the activities and goals of the organization.
The well-qualified candidate will have experience in the following areas - events planning, grant writing, retail, marketing/public relations, and project management.
- Encourage and sustain a vital, vigorous community and business environment, focused on the designated Main Street area
- Help design and execute Downtown Bedford's (DBI) Main Street business retention, expansion, and recruitment efforts
- Market business incentive programs and resources available to local businesses
- Utilize all applicable funding resources, develop and submit grant applications, and manage improvement projects and action plans as authorized by the BoD
- Work with business owners and DBI members to market the mission and goals of the organization
- Serve as a liaison between businesses, members, and local government entities regarding the mission and goals of DBI
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Bedford Borough and other local organizations including, but not limited to, Bedford County Chamber of Commerce, Bedford Visitors Bureau, Bedford County Development Association, and the County Commissioners
- Maintain open communication with the BoD and attend monthly meetings of the Board and the committees of the organization
- Produce annual updates of DBI's strategic plan and present to the BoD, along with preparing and submitting reports as required by both the BoD and Pennsylvania Downtown Center
- Support and develop activities of the four DBI volunteer committees and attend/coordinate monthly meetings (or as needed)
- Manage employee(s) and recruit volunteers as needed
- Develop and maintain consistent information programs and merchant resources using media relationships, newsletters, website, etc.
- Represent DBI at community events and in ex-officio capacity at other organization's meetings
*The manager is expected to work outside normal office hours as needed for events and
meetings and will also be expected to perform duties requiring light lifting and other
*APPLICATION DEADLINE - June 7, 2019
Please send resume and salary requirements to Ethan Brouse at