Main Street Program Coordinator
Main Street Program Coordinator
Based on qualifications / Full-time opportunity
Established in 1993, the Ardmore Initiative is a Business Improvement District and Main Street Program that strives to maintain a vibrant downtown commercial district in Ardmore, PA. The Ardmore Initiative follows the Four Point Main Street Approach to downtown revitalization: Economic Vitality, Design, Organization, and Promotion. The Main Street Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and supports the daily operation and management of the program.
The mission of the Ardmore Initiative is to create and maintain a thriving, economically viable downtown business district for the benefit of merchants, residents, and visitors. The Ardmore Initiative achieves this by providing regular sidewalk cleaning, planting seasonal flowers, offering business assistance services, marketing and promoting the downtown, and advocating for the interests of business and property owners, among many other initiatives.
Assist the Executive Director in implementing the Main Street Program with guidance from the Board of Directors and committees:
- Coordinate activities of volunteer committees.
- Recruit and manage volunteers as needed.
- Primary coordinator of special event planning and execution with support from committee members.
- Serve as a resource for entrepreneurship and small business development as well as a liaison to businesses within the district.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the Main Street program including preparing reports required by state and national organizations and tracking program progress for PA Downtown Center.
- Manage the Façade Improvement and Business Assistance grant programs as well as state and federal grant programs.
- Plan and develop programs and initiatives that further the mission of the Ardmore Initiative.
- Assist in fundraising activities as directed by the Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- The program coordinator must understand the issues confronting downtown businesspeople, commercial property owners, local government, public agencies, and community organizations in addition to being committed to non-profit community revitalization.
- The ideal candidate must be personable, energetic, entrepreneurial, imaginative, well-organized and capable of functioning effectively independently.
- Experience in fundraising, event planning, project management, grant writing, retail and/or marketing a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Community and Economic Development, Non-profit Management, Business Administration, or related fields is a plus.
- Candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in MS Office applications, as well as working knowledge of basic graphic design programs and online communication tools, such as e-newsletter programs and social media platforms a plus.
The program coordinator is expected to work outside of normal office hours as needed for events and township meetings.
To apply, email resume, cover letter, and references to Nancy Scarlato, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org), by July 30, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Job Description