PRESIDENT/CEO - Also serves as Communications and Development Officer for Myerstown Borough
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (MVP) - Myerstown Borough Manager for Borough work
Monday – Friday; some evening meetings and weekend events
$ 40,000 - $ 50,000 /year + Performance incentives based on fundraising success. Salary will depend on skills and/or qualifications.
The Myerstown Vitality Partnership (MVP) is a newly created nonprofit organization focused on revitalizing the Borough of Myerstown and improving the quality of life for our community. We are seeking an energetic and action-oriented leader to help develop and grow the MVP into an effective and sustainable community development corporation.
The President of the Myerstown Vitality Partnership (MVP) is the chief executive officer of the corporation and has, subject to the control of the Board of Directors, general supervision, direction, and control of the business and activities of the corporation. The President/CEO has the general powers and duties of management usually vested in the office of president and general manager of a corporation and such other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the Board.
The President/CEO is the leader of the Myerstown Vitality Partnership (MVP) and, in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the success of the organization. Together, the Board and President/CEO assure the accomplishment of MVP’s mission and vision.
The President/CEO also serves as the Communications and Development Officer for Myerstown Borough, working with the Borough Manager to implement the Borough’s communications and development goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and direct the business and activities of the Myerstown Vitality Partnership (MVP).
- Recruit new private sector funding partners and seek new investor opportunities for MVP.
- Ensure MVP’s activities are compliant and in furtherance of its mission.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and assess MVP’s programs and their impact.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and assess sound and compliant budgeting and financial management practices.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and assess sound and compliant fundraising practices.
- Attend all meetings of the MVP Board of Directors and its Committees, providing reports as requested.
- Develop, inform, and support the Board of Directors and the Board Committees to carry out their governance functions.
- Work with the Chair of the Board to help ensure the Board’s directives, policies, and resolutions are carried out.
- Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with donors, funders, supporters, collaborators, allies, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a positive and professional image of the MVP and Myerstown locally and beyond.
- Ensure effective external communications about the organization and its mission, priorities, importance, programs, and activities. Use media outreach, social media, personal appearances, and speaking engagements to keep MVP in the public eye.
- Champion the organization and advocate its mission to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate MVP’s effort to obtain Keystone Community Designation under the DCED Keystone Communities Program.
- Utilizing the Keystone Communities format, develop and maintain data systems to track the progress of the Keystone Communities Program and submit required reports to the state.
- Keep informed and keep the organization’s leadership informed of significant developments and changes in the internal and external environment.
- Lead the organization’s planning processes.
- Ensure legal compliance (including all required filings) and sound risk management practices.
- Effectively relate to and communicate with the various public and private organizations associated with community and economic development activities and growth.
- Utilize knowledge and experience in business trade, taxation and financial inducements, governmental affairs, and public relations to facilitate community and economic development activities and growth.
- Maintain an up-to-date website with all pertinent information for potential investors, developers, brokers, or potential prospects.
- Actively recruit new businesses to Myerstown.
- Form effective professional relationships with existing Myerstown businesses, including fundraising
- Assist new and existing businesses with guidance through the development process.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed by the MVP Board of Directors.
- Five years in a management or leadership role.
- Degree in nonprofit or business administration or related field.
- Strong understanding of nonprofit financial management.
- Proven record of fundraising expertise and success.
- Solid record in working effectively with nonprofit boards.
- Ability to effectively network for the organization and build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of community and economic development practices and trends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Direct or supervisory experience in program development.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to promote accountability for completion of goals and objectives.
- Ability to facilitate short- and long- range planning within a collaborative framework.
- Ability to communicate ideas in a clear and organized fashion, through written and oral presentation.
- Ability to speak effectively and persuasively on MVP programs and projects.
- Ability to interpret technical regulations and apply to various projects.
- Ability to respond to members of the public with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to demonstrate honesty and convey integrity to maintain public trust.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times.
Please submit a Resume or CV, cover letter, and at least three professional references to:
Myerstown Vitality Partnership
Attn: President/CEO Application
101 S Railroad St
Myerstown, PA 17067
Or email to: email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform the job.Job Description PDF