Real Estate Project Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Real Estate Project Management:
- Manage development of new construction, acquisition and rehab, affordable rental, and commercial CLT units
- Develop RFPs for all design and construction projects and oversee bidding and procurement process
- Manage predevelopment and construction contracts
- Coordinate project team meetings during predevelopment and construction
- Develop appropriate project budgets, proformas and timelines. Ensure projects are adhering organizational standards, budget, and timeline
- Monitor compliance and oversee reporting for all public and private funder requirements, including M/WBE, Prevailing Wage, Section III, etc.
- Identify future development opportunities and conduct feasibility assessments of potential projects
- Coordinate acquisition and closing process
- Develop and implement a Property Management & Maintenance Protocol for all lots and structures held for future CLT development and the CLT rental portfolio
- Build and sustain partnerships to secure new and ongoing sources for acquisition, predevelopment, and development subsidy
- Work with Real Estate Department staff to prepare and submit funding proposals, applications, and reports for acquisition, predevelopment, and development subsidy
Partner and Community Engagement:
- Develop and maintain partnerships with public and private funders, lenders, real estate industry partners, non-profit and private developers, etc. with other Real Estate Department members
- Facilitate community engagement around development projects
- Proactively address community feedback
Administration and Operations:
- Implement Real Estate Department policies, procedures, systems, and mechanisms to track and report progress and outcomes
- Attend required staff, committee and board meetings; assist with the taking of minutes, preparing of reports, and setting of agendas.
- Maintain organizational records, files, and databases
- Assist other staff members with day-to-day office administration
- Other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- Three or more years of experience in real estate development, construction management, or related field.
- Experience with various public funding programs (IE – HOME, CDBG, PHARE, etc.) preferred.
- Prior project management experience preferred.
- Prior real estate development experience in the Pittsburgh region a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytic, conceptual, planning, problem solving and implementation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment concerning budget expenditures; funder, community and political relationships; partnership arrangements with local organizations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small, non-profit environment.
- Positive and professional attitude; strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite required, experience with GIS and/or Salesforce a plus.
- Reliable transportation to travel to/from job sites.
- Flexible working hours, including the ability to occasionally work on evenings and weekends as necessary.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position and reports to the Director of Real Estate. The salary range is $48,000-$52,000, commensurate with experience. City of Bridges CLT offers comprehensive employee benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance for staff and family members, retirement plan contribution, and generous paid time off. City of Bridges is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter City of Bridges CLT at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Real Estate Project Manager” in the subject line.
City of Bridges Community Land Trust is a new CLT serving the Greater Pittsburgh region. City of Bridges is embarking on the implementation of an aggressive business plan to create 100 units of permanently affordable housing within its 5 years, through a context of robust community engagement and planning.
The mission of City of Bridges CLT is to build community ownership that preserves permanent affordability, empowers individuals, and ensures responsible growth and stewardship. We envision diverse communities where people thrive, build wealth, establish roots, and foster community ties without risk of displacement. As we undertake this important work we will strive to live our shared values of sustainability, equity, and inclusion and build an effective organizational model for the delivery and stewardship of permanently affordable space.Job Description