Venture Lititz (VL) is a 501(C)(3) not for profit organization serving the Lititz Community since 2007. VL has led the effort to improve and enhance the central business district by starting the famers market, recruiting new and assisting existing businesses, assisting with branding, marketing, and programs that include Shop Small, Lititz dollars and façade enhancements. Named ‘America’s Coolest Small Town’ by Budget Travel Magazine in 2013, Lititz is located in southeast Pennsylvania with a thriving business community within a safe and livable community.
Venture Lititz is a Main Street Organization recognized by the Pennsylvania Downtown Center (PDC), the PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) as well as the National Main Street Organization. The Main Street platform is based on creating a comprehensive design for the downtown, promoting the community and businesses, encouraging economic restructuring through programs and events, maintaining the historical and architectural integrity of the borough, and maintaining a sustainable organization. The Main Street Program Executive Director is responsible for managing and directing the programs that fulfill these objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR
Lead and manage the efforts of the main street program following the National Main Street program guidelines for Design, Promotion, Restructuring, and Organization.
- Design – (Getting/Keeping the business district in top shape)
- Promotion – (Selling the image and promise of our downtown)
- Asset Enhancement (Economic Restructuring) – (Assist with finding new or enhanced purposes of downtown enterprises and/or buildings)
- Organization – (Working toward common Goals- Strategic Plan, committees, volunteers, events)
- Sustainability – (Work with the board to set achievable financial goals)
Serve as the lead ambassador for the downtown.
- Communicate and make presentations as needed to local boards of interest including borough council, twp. supervisors, commissions, foundations, civic groups, and the public.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the organization including managing committees and assisting with developing work plans in collaboration with the board.
- Administer the daily activities of the office: record keeping, purchasing and budget development.
- Research and review grant and funding opportunities including application submittals.
- Develop, oversee and assist the committees to fulfill the main street programs and goals.
- Attend main street director sessions provided by PDC or others as needed.
- Provide reporting to PDC as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in community development, urban planning, urban studies, historic preservation, non-profits, public administration or relative field.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and entrepreneurial abilities to facilitate and build effective committees/teams and strong relationships with all constituents.
- Strong motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong competency with WORD, OUTLOOK, EXCEL, Word Press, Constant Contact and social media applications.
- Experience in community development, especially the National Main Street Program, strongly preferred.
- Basic graphic design experience helpful.
- The position is full time with a minimum of 40hrs/week.
- Schedule must be flexible as evening meetings and weekend events may be required.
- Salary commensurate with experience of the applicant.
- Additional training and professional growth provided via PDC state organizational meetings.
- Find more information about Venture Lititz and the Lititz Community at www.lititzpa.org
- Please email your resume and cover letter to Venture Lititz, Attention: Maria Elliott, VL VP @ email@example.com
- Resumes will be accepted 4pm Tuesday June 1st.
- Interview(s) will begin immediately thereafter with the goal of filling the position as soon as possible.