Main Street Coordinator
Perry County Economic Development Authority
The Perry County Economic Development Authority (PCEDA) is conducting a downtown revitalization project to address community needs, strengthen the local economies and enhance the aesthetics of Perry County’s 9 Boroughs. The project is overseen by a PCEDA steering committee and is based on a strategic plan developed by a 3rd party consultant team in conjunction with community level coordination. A primary objective is to obtain a Main Street Regional designation for Perry County from the Keystone Communities Program. This designation provides an opportunity for targeted investment and grant funding through the PA Department of Community and Economic Development. (DCED) The Main Street Coordinator will assist with the completion of the Downtown Project and facilitate implementation of the revitalization plans in each Borough. The Main Street Coordinator will be supervised by the PCEDA Program Director and follow the Strategic Objectives of the PCEDA.
Essential Job Functions
Essential duties and functions may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Assist the PCEDA Program Director with all administrative aspects of the Main Street program, including preparation of reports required by DCED’s Main Street program.
- Assist with PCEDA operational functions.
- Provide monthly reporting to the PCEDA Board of Directors.
- Coordinate the activities of the individual Main Street Program communities, ensuring that communication between all partners is well established; assist community-based committees with implementation of work plan items.
- Facilitate consistent, informative communication and effective outreach in each community to include elected officials, stakeholder groups, property owners and businesses.
- Develop and conduct on-going public awareness and education programs, as needed, that are designed to enhance appreciation of each community’s unique character and assets. Manage social media to keep the program in the public eye.
- Develop and maintain a database system to track the progress of the individual community revitalization efforts in accordance with their plan.
- Assist Borough stakeholder groups to coordinate business promotional events to improve the quality and success of events that attract people to downtown areas. Offer guidance on how to use the Community’s brand materials to advance an image of quality.
- Coordinator will attend a variety of meetings, including community governing bodies, community focused organizations and state manager and training meetings.
- Familiarity with the Perry County Comprehensive Plan, PCEDA strategic plan and Main Street Approach will be important.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess effective interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution skills. Ability to work with and cultivate professional relationships with a wide variety of internal and external customers, citizens, and officials.
Display sound business judgment and ethical conduct.
Must possess good organizational skills, be able to function effectively in an independent environment and be computer proficient.
Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary. Must be able to create and deliver compelling presentations. Ability to interpret common professional journals and financial reports.
Education and Experience
Degree and/or experience in community development, planning, public administration, fundraising, marketing, and small business development would be beneficial. Degree preferred, but not required. Previous work experience in development and revitalization is a plus.
Required Licenses or Certificates
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation.
Job Type: Full time, primarily business hours with multiple evening meetings per month.
Salary range: $30-40K per year plus 10 paid holidays and 2 weeks paid vacation.