ROLLING DEADLINE UNTIL JULY 30, 2020
The Pennsylvania State Historic Preservation Office (PA SHPO) is offering up to $15,000 in scholarships to CLGs in Pennsylvania to participate in the National Alliance of Preservation Commissions’ FORUM 2020 ~ At Home, August 3-9, 2020.
- FORUM 2020 ~ At Home will offer more than 20 online educational sessions on a variety of topics that will help HARB and Historical Commission members, municipal planning and codes staff, planning commission members, and elected officials better serve their communities.
- HARB/Commission members and support staff in CLGs are required to received 4 hours of training each year. Participation in FORUM 2020 will meet the CLG Continuing Education and Training requirements for individuals in your community.
- Sessions will be offered daily throughout the week of August 3-9 and will also be recorded for later viewing.
- The per person registration cost for FORUM 2020 is $100. The PA SHPO scholarship funds can be used to reimburse the municipality the full cost of registration for individuals from the community.
- You may request scholarships for as many people as your community reasonably expects to participate during the live programs or to access the recorded sessions. The PA SHPO will make every effort to provide funding for as many individuals as possible.
- The scholarship awards will be made to the municipality, who is responsible for registering and paying for the individual attendees or reimbursing the individuals if they register and pay individually. The PA SHPO can only make reimbursement payments to the local government, not individuals.
- Awards will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Following the conclusion of the conference, recipients will submit completed reimbursement requests to the PA SHPO, who will issue payment to the municipality.
- Municipalities must sign and return a Master Grant Contract in order to be reimbursed.
Contact Cory Kegerise, Community Preservation Coordinator for Eastern Pennsylvania at (215) 219-3824 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the Scholarship program.