Blueprint Communities PA Program
An FHLBank Pittsburgh Revitalization Initiative
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh (FHLBank) is excited to announce the opening of the Blueprint Communities® program in eastern Pennsylvania. Blueprint Communities is an FHLBank program that supports investment and revitalization of communities and neighborhoods in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia. Created by FHLBank in 2005, the initiative serves as a catalyst for revitalizing communities through collaboration and investing in local leadership development and capacity. FHLBank and their lead partner, the Pennsylvania Downtown Center (PDC) are accepting applications for the 2024 Blueprint Communities initiative.
Important Information & Upcoming Dates
- Application Opens September 27, 2023 (click on the date to apply).
- Information Webinars have occur already, please reach out to use if you have any further questions and visit the ‘Frequently Asked Questions‘ to view the recordings of the webinars, Q&As, and more!
- Eligibility Guidance and Application Questions, click here.
- To apply please submit using Submittable here.
- Application Closes on December 1 at 5:00 p.m. 2023.
- To learn more about the Blueprint Communities Program, click here.
- Visit the ‘Frequently Asked Questions‘ tab on the right for additional information.
About & History
Revitalizing communities in Pennsylvania is both essential and difficult. An initiative targeted at helping community leaders plan for and carry out effective and comprehensive revitalization efforts can have an enormous impact on the quality of life, both now and far into the future.
FHLBank Pittsburgh and its partners have developed Blueprint Communities, a revitalization and leadership initiative that serves as a catalyst for creating sustainable communities in our region. In the first round, Blueprint Communities focused on 22 Pennsylvania communities successfully helping them to move forward in their quest for sustainability. In 2014, the initiative renewed its efforts in Pennsylvania. Six new Pennsylvania programs took advantage of the enormous benefits Blueprint Communities offers.
The mission of the Blueprint Communities initiative is to serve as a catalyst to revitalize older communities and neighborhoods by:
- Fostering strong local leadership, collaboration, and development capacity.
- Serving as a catalyst for revitalization based on sound local and regional planning that includes a clear vision for the community and a comprehensive implementation strategy.
- Encouraging coordinated investments in targeted communities by public and private funders
Blueprint Communities training is under the auspices of the Pennsylvania Downtown Center (PDC) with support from the Penn State University (PSU) Extension Service and other consultants. 2014 through 2015 sessions were designed for community results, with topics including:
- identifying & developing community resources
- growing local leadership
- team building & cohesiveness
- asset mapping
- encouraging civic engagement
- understanding community development models
- visioning & planning
- marketing & communication
- keeping connected
- promoting best practices