Main Street Program
About & History
We are a Main Street America® Coordinating Program.
Main Street is a comprehensive, community-based approach to revitalizing downtowns and central business districts, which has been applied across the United States since the early ’80s.
The Pennsylvania Downtown Center (PDC) is a Main Street America® Coordinating Program and provides technical assistance, board and committee support and education to designated programs while the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) provides access to funding opportunities and oversight of designated Main Street and Elm Street Programs in Pennsylvania
As a Main Street America® Coordinating Program, the Pennsylvania Downtown Center is part of a powerful, grassroots network consisting of over 40 Coordinating Programs and over 1,200 neighborhoods and communities across the country committed to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development.
PA DCED Keystone Program
MAIN STREET DESIGNATIONS
- Downtown Bedford, Inc.
- Downtown Lebanon Main Street
- Danville Business Alliance
- Easton Main Street Initiative
- Erie Downtown Partnership
- Main Street Gettysburg
- Downtown Hazleton Alliance for Progress
- Lansdowne Economic Development Corporation
- Mt. Lebanon Partnership
- Oil City Main Street Program
- Quakertown Alive!
- Philadelphia – 52nd Street Corridor
- Wilkes-Barre – Diamond City Partnership
KEYSTONE COMMUNITY DESIGNATIONS