- This event has passed.
September 28 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
In the spirit of the back-to-school season, WalkWorks is offering two webinars about Safe Routes to School (SRTS) in September and October. SRTS helps local communities and school districts make the healthy and thoughtful choice of walking and biking to school a safe and accessible one. But what does it really mean? Attend these webinars and learn more about the concept and its potential for your community.
The first webinar will be held on Wednesday, September 28, from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Please use this link to register for the program. Speakers include:
- Tom Flood, road safety advocate and parent, on the urgency of making active transportation (walking and biking) safe for kids and families
- Kori Johnson, program manager with Safe Routes Partnership, on the history, rationale, and benefits of Safe Routes for communities and education systems
- Jeff Anderson, Parent SRTS advocate in Fairfax County, Virginia/Safe Routes National Partnership Board member
- Lauren Hassel, Arlington (Virginia) Public Schools SRTS Coordinator, 2016-2022
- Trish Meek, new PennDOT Statewide Bike/Ped Coordinator, on education and encouragement campaigns she previously ran in Centre County
Join us for education and inspiration!